Selectmen: Karen Raye, Scott MacNichol, and Adam Jamieson
School: Perry Elementary School
Named after War of 1812 hero Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry, the town was first settled in 1758 and incorporated in 1818 while the British held Eastport not 6 miles away. The town has transitioned over the years from a shipyard to a herring fishery to a lumber industry. Weirs were built in the 1800s to catch herring for the sardine factories in Perry and Eastport.
Today, Perry in comprised of small businesses. A peaceful and quiet area to relax.
Information courtesy of the Town of Perry.